So Summer is upon us...the weather is getting warmer and nothing is more refreshing on a hot summer day than a deliciously chilled glass of wine!
In honor of summer I have compiled my top ten Summer Sippers!
In general this summer, try something new! Chardonnays and Sauvignon Blancs are great for hot weather but for great value try a Torrontes from Argentina, or a Verdejo from Spain!. Viogniers are great too, they usually have a gorgeous floral, honeysuckle nose and apricot on the tongue!
Try one or all of them and have a great summer!
(wines are not listed in a particular order)
1. 2007 Etude Pinot Gris Carneros, CA ($20)
2. 2007 Slight of Hand, The Magician,
Gwurtztraminer Walla, Walla, Washington ($15-20)
3. 2008 Swanson Salon Syrah Rosato Oakville, CA
4. 2007 E. Guigal, Cotes Du Rhone Blanc Rhone,
5. 2007 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc
Russian River Valley, CA ($30)
6. 2007 Don Rodolfo Torrontes
Cafayate Valley, Argentina ($10.99)
7. 2007 Telmo Rodriguez Basa Rueda, Spain ($15)
8. 2008 Miner Viognier Simpson Vineyard, CA ($15-20)
9. 2007 Hopler Gruner Veltliner Burgenland, Austria ($15)
10. NV Donna Clara Fiori Di Prosecco Valdobbiadene, Italy ($15-20)